Monday, November 9, 2009

A little prayer

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
I got this prayer from two of my best friends in different occasions: one when I was in need of a friend, another when I was the one needed. Some things in life we have to accept and make do with what was laid in front of us rather than complain what should be. I can say I am guilty of the latter, in more moments than one. I think it's part of human nature, to complain a lot. There wouldn't be conflicts to discuss about, issues to ponder, problems to solve... it makes humans more interesting that way. I'd like to think this path, whatever this path is, is laid out to me for reasons I still don't know, yet. Events in my life have lead to this. Though this is not yet finished.

I'm being melodramatic. It's just that I've gotten into a venture that is way past due and it's something that we all want to flourish. It's something I started with my friends, with myself, and something I don't want to finish, because finishing it would end it and businesses aren't good that way. Yep, it's a business venture. I finally got something that I could change, and I can partly say have a control of. I just wish, hope and pray it will be successful as we all want it to be.

Then there's another situation I was able to, or slowly but surely, let go of. It's a hopeless scenario anyway, hindered by distance, stature, and scant opportunity. I feel that I am finally over that. Acceptance is slowly sinking in and taking its root. Looking back at it will only remind me of my foolishness. I won't go into details, it's too boring even for my taste.

I won't complain now. Or at least I'll try not to. I'll just do what I can with what's given to me. Time, resources, opportunities lie awake and waiting. I'll have to be vigilant in trying not to waste those. I have my moments of weakness, but I will persevere. What's life for?

No comments:

Post a Comment