Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sharleen Spiteri

Better known as Texas. She's my all-time favorite music artist. But I do admit I don't own any of her albums (I think I should start collecting though), still, I love her music and her look. Very androgynous. She came up suddenly thanks to Flori's playlist, so I went and looked for her music video "In Demand." I remember that video so well because Alan Rickman's in it and the juxtaposition of their love affair is just so… unique, maybe. Bare. Altruistic. Basically, Rickman looked like a sugar daddy in the video. Then when I researched some more, Spiteri’s actually older than she looks. So when I came across the video below, now it’s actually kinda sweet :) And I adore Jean Reno.



But I have to give it to her, she knows (or the music video director/s know/s) how to choose a leading man for those two videos. Not hunks, but REAL MEN. Period. Classic, mature, and imposing. No tough abs, but it doesn’t matter. And they absolutely pass the Tunay na Lalake manifesto #5. But manifesto or not, they still pass my standards of real men. And it’s pretty high.

No comments:

Post a Comment