Friday, April 17, 2009

Think bubble

I miss the beaches. The sand, the sound of waves crashing, the star-studded ink-black sky at night...

It's been four days since we last came back from Catanduanes, then I've been busy with climbing for the first three days. And this is the first time I ate dinner here at home since last April 3. I actually missed it. Career-driven much? Okay, I'm getting into this "much" expression hype. Funny really. I'll try not to get the hang of it, MUCH. Ah, heck.

Anyway, I could still remember. It felt so right standing on that shore, my feet sinking into the rough-soft sand, the water almost lapping at my toes, the sun blaring against the bluest sky... I could live that way. I could stay that way, just staring ahead the horizon, wondering where it ends. I could find myself in that state so easily. I think the word is "contentment." But it's something temporary, because reality bites you in the ass whenever your cellphone gives it's shrill alert. It's all good though, too much goodness will probably give me a bellyache. Like eating too much candy. Besides, I won't be able to appreciate the sweet if not for the sour.

I think I have enough patience to wait for the next chance to go back to that beach. To the sand, the waves and the stars. I've had enough practice with waiting anyway. Double-meaning much? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment