Thursday, April 2, 2009

Idle hands

No, not the self-possessed murderous hand as the movie connotes. Though I don't wish my hands to be useless (much less murderous), especially when I'll be joining a climbing competition this weekend.

I'm scared shitless.

I had no training nor any purposeful exercise for the past week, and here I am having the audacity to join a nationals competition. NATIONALS. What's wrong with me?

One of the gym instructors told me that since I'll be there anyway, why not join in? Fine. I'll join the novice category, it's been ages since I last joined an individual competition, some other competitions I joined were in teams. at least I'd know I can finish up to 3 panels or so since it's a top rope category.

Then lightning struck, and rain falls hard at Bagasbas, Daet, where it will all happen. It has been like that since Tuesday, I was told. Now news got in that the route setters are contemplating on replacing the novice competition with the bouldering category rather than a top rope. Ten ten teeeeen. Boy, am I in trouble now. I haven't done any bouldering problems for, let's say, AGES?!? I was already set on enjoying myself once I get there. Now I'm at my toes with wracked nerves I've forgotten which way is up to down.

But then I remembered, I agreed to join because I decided to take risks now. And there's a goal that I need to accomplish before the year ends and if I don't act fast, next month will already be December. It's a project I intend to finish to the last detail.

"A goal properly set is already half-way reached."
Got stuck on me after reading it from a Tita Dine's Plurk. So I'm 50% almost there.
Ah heck, there's no use worrying about the competition. Might as well let it bring itself on and just try to have fun. And hope to God that I actually am 50% almost there.

2 comments: