Friday, March 6, 2009

A dimmer kaleidoscope

It's so sad, and somehow unnerving, when I found out that one of the influential music artists' light has gone out too soon. I just sat there stunned, after Flori told me the news that Francis M. has died today. I couldn't help but backtrack to my elem days when his songs were still dominating everybody's radio. I'm not an avid fan, I have to admit, but play Cold Summer Nights, Mga Kababayan Ko, and, most especially, Kaleidoscope World, I could easily sing along with those songs. If I were to play the ultimate playlist of my life, Francis M.'s popular creations will be one of those on repeat. His music is a part of my life, as much as it is in my generation's history. I am proud to say I was there when the Master Rapper was weaving his magic.



Shucks. Why do the good guys have to go, and the bad guys stay behind? Hirap talagang patayin ang masamang damo.

No comments:

Post a Comment