Monday, May 11, 2009

A Letter to the Unaware

To whom it may concern:

First off, I just want to tell you that you are a mistake. Yes, a mistake. You're a fluke to my own specific standards. I never intend to insinuate any interest, but peer pressure pushed me into doing so because I’m gullible. And this flaw brought to me unnecessary attention to details that do not concern me. But I did so because you asked me to. Who am I to say no? It is not in my nature to brush off first-degree acquaintances because my own book of ethics calls for it.

But really, this is getting out of hand.

Second, I am not a news feed. Just because I know someone doesn’t imply that I am close to that person. Yes, we associate with the same circle of friends and we see each other often when I allow myself to interact with them. But our level of association ends there. I am not the type of person who forces herself to be friends with others, such a relationship is not a one-way street. And for your information, we have not reached such level wherein I have knowledge of that person’s personal opinions. Most especially, opinions about you. Therefore, DO NOT ASSUME that I have access to such things.

Third and last, how dare you use me. Just because I was being accommodating (which is a new change that I am trying to practice, and to you, of all people!) doesn’t make me a tool to be used for your own innocent whims. Maybe I’m exaggerating, or reading too much into your actions. But you knew that I was interested in you, yet you allowed me to be. And you somehow naively used that to your advantage to associate yourself more with another… through ME. My dear, you really should take lessons in figuring out the female psyche, at least the 5% of it if not more, because you are doomed if you are completely clueless.

Thou shall not unconsciously toy with a woman’s feelings, despite non-malicious intentions.

But I’ll forgive you. Probably it’s natural in your culture to do these things and girls in your territory would not take your actions into offense. But you’re in a different territory now, MY TERRITORY, so you better blend in and catch up. Or suffer my inevitable apathy.

I do wish you luck in your future endeavors. I sincerely hope your current predicament will solve itself without my assistance. You see, I have reached the limit of my “accommodating” nature. Therefore I leave you with this simple note… go find someone else to text.


Sincerely not yours,
An Annoyed Urbanite

2 comments: